Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Eye Exam Results...

Carter's eyes are finally developed/mature. They were looking for ROP, Retinopathy of prematurity. His eyes are normal, and the blood vessels have finally matured and grown to the back of the eye. This is GREAT news and marks the end of these "preemie" eye exams. I couldn't be happier! The exam is heart wrenching to watch. He screams at the top of his lungs. This time around he screamed the loudest I have ever heard him scream. I am so thankful for the good results so I don't have to watch him go through that again.
He will go back in 6 months and they will check his eyes to make sure they are "placed" correctly and that they move together.
I am so proud of my little guy, he's been through so much and is still the happiest baby. We are lucky!!!
Thursday is his next appointment with the neurosurgeon, we will update with results.
Thank you for your continued support!