Friday, August 24, 2012

Newborn Pictures... FINALLY

Sorry for the delay in updating the blog. With our precious little guy home, time gets away from us. I am happy to report that we finally had our first professional photo shoot today. Carter did FANTASTIC!!! He only cried for a second when he was hungry. It took a good two hours to get all the shots, and we were all wiped out when we were finally done. We will share them as soon as we are able.

I have noticed that my "mini baby" as I call him, is not so mini anymore. He is growing up, he is getting longer and obviously putting on the pounds. =) His little double chin makes him look bigger than he actually is, but that's ok it suits him well. His head is looking bigger to me (not the squishy part) and my arms get sore after holding him for a while. He is moving his arms and hands around a lot these days and is very alert when he is awake. He will have a developmental evaluation in early September. They will come out and see if he is where he needs to be and teach us things we can do to help. I can't wait for them to tell me he is right where he should be! I know he is! He is going to be something great!!

Carter's next doctors appointment is on the 4th, and I can hardly wait to see what the scale has to say. The fluid under his scalp is still there... With time I guess it will go. What else is new..... Oh, he is pooping more these days!! I am still not sure Nick has changed a poopy one, Carter seems to save them for me. That's okay I don't mind a bit!

I am happy to report that Carter's girl friend Elly is doing great! She is coming up on 7 pounds. My goal for Carter and Elly is for them to be life long friends. =)

Thank you again for following the blog and for caring so much about our little boy. He sure is something special and I am head over heels for him. We are SO blessed.