Saturday, May 12, 2012

Almost mothers' day

Today was another good day for Carter. The docs are going to turn down his hi-flo respirator to two (out of four). The next step is to get him on a low-flo one and we think that's about as mild of a respiratory aid that they have.

I got to hold him today for an hour and it was amazing! It was my first time (of any significant length) and Carter slept on my chest. I fell asleep too. I guess it was that relaxing for the both of us!

He pooped again! He hadn't since the 9th. This was because he got a little glycerine suppository today to help move things along and it worked.

His digestion looked slightly better today as well. He still has a little asparit still coming up (green undigested food that sits in his stomach) but we're hoping that goes away with his poops happening again.

Tomorrow's mothers' day and we're looking forward to spending some time as a family with him. Happy mothers' day from all of us!