Monday, July 16, 2012

Burping troubles

I will start out by apologizing, my writing is so boring compared to Nicks. Oh well, you're stuck with me this week. =)

I was only with Carter this afternoon so the day seemed to fly by. Going back to work has been rough. It's hard to find time to sleep, let alone eat. But this isn't about me, it's about my adorable little boy.

He had a good day! He enjoyed his bottles today and even got in a little
breast feeding. The problem he has run into is burping, he can't do it!!! He has a really hard time, which makes him a little fussy. We tried a couple different techniques today, none of which were successful. After his 2 o'clock feeding he wouldn't burp. I laid him down and went to grab a bite to eat. I came back and he was fussy so I picked him up, patted his back, and BOOM!!! Puke all over my work shirt and jacket. I guess that is just what happens when you're a mom!

He gained weight and is back up to 5lbs 14oz. The fluid in his head seems to have grown a little. We will keep our eyes on it.

The biggest news of all, HE'S COMING HOME ON WEDNESDAY! (assuming everything stays the same) I can't wait! I am exhausted just thinking about it. Nick and I have waited for this day for a LONG time. I'm sad Nick won't be here to enjoy it.

Well that's all for today. Thank you all for your support and your prayers.

PS. I'm attaching a picture of Carter's first girl friend, Elly. She was born the day before him and is going home the day before him. Elly's mom, Alexis and I have become good friends on this journey and I am so thankful I had her to lean on during this time. As moms of preemies we've become very over protective. I am glad she agrees with my crazy ways! =)