Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Last full day

His last full day in the NICU was uneventful. He slept, ate, grunted, burped a little and only had #1 diapers. He weighed in at 5lbs 15oz tonight!!

I met with the doctors and they answered all my last minute questions. It's a shame they won't let me take a nurse home. I scheduled Carter for his first pediatrician visit, and for his follow up eye exam.

As I walked by Elly's empty room this afternoon, it brought tears to my eyes. These two kiddos have been through so much over the last two and a half months. They have come so far. I remember the fear I felt on day one. It saddens me to think that new families will soon fill their rooms. There is light at the end of the tunnel, even if it is very faint. Our prayers have been answered, tomorrow I will leave with my baby boy. I am one proud mommy!! Thank you all for your continued prayers and support.

Today Nick and I celebrate our two year anniversary. I am SO thankful to have him as my husband and best friend. We have been through a lot in the last 2 years. Tomorrow signifies a new start for us. We are going to be one heck of a team, the three of us! I can't wait for our "new" life to begin.

Until tomorrow.....

Sandy & Nick