Friday, June 15, 2012

A big day!

Carter spent part of the day 6am-2:45pm without any oxygen help. He did amazing. Very little desats and no Brady's again today. He got tired and needed a little oxygen support so he was put back under the hood at 2:45. We are so proud of him!

Carter had his second eye exam today. I decided to stay with him this time. I couldn't bear hearing him cry from across the NICU. He did great, cried a little but it was over in a matter of minutes. I will post pictures of his eyes after the exam, ouch! Thank goodness they numb his eyes. (it looked like it hurt) His eyes are still immature (right on schedule) and looking good. He will have another exam in two weeks. Hopefully I can be there with him again. It makes me feel better that I could be there to console him right away.

Tonight he kangarooed with daddy and did very well without oxygen.

Every night when it's time for us to go, we tuck our little guy in. Lately it has been getting harder and harder for me to leave him at night. It tears my heart out. Nick has to tell me it's time to go or we'd be there all night. Praying this gets easier.

On a side note, my appointment went well.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and support.